Bamboo viscose - why is bamboo the material of the future?
Bamboo is still an underestimated material and offers countless advantages. Because the sustainability of this material is particularly high and thus offers many advantages in itself. Bamboo can be used in many ways and has many advantages that lie in the material itself. It is particularly hard and can therefore also be used in the furniture industry.
How sustainable is bamboo as a raw material really?
- Bamboo is a tropical or subtropical plant that can grow in a large area of the earth and even in cold regions such as the Himalayas there are types of bamboo.
- Bamboo grows extremely quickly. A bamboo plant can grow by one meter per day, which also means that significantly more plants can be felled without reducing the population.
- The bamboo has a wide network of roots from which new plants can grow again and again. Even if a plant is felled, a new plant can always grow from the root system.
- Due to the rapid growth of bamboo, the plant is also able to store a particularly large amount of CO2. It produces 35% of our total oxygen requirement.
- Due to its robustness and insensitivity, the plant hardly needs any pesticides and fertilizers.
- The wide root system is also ideally designed to stop erosion and has a special effect on the entire environment.
- Bamboo can be used so flexibly because it is robust, flexible, resistant, durable and particularly hard.
- Bamboo is one of the renewable resources and therefore represents great sustainability.
- In contrast to other raw materials, the extraction of bamboo is significantly less risky and associated with a significantly lower environmental risk.
- Bamboo degrades completely and is therefore not rubbish. An irrefutable argument for the sustainability of bamboo.
Benefits of bamboo viscose
As already mentioned, bamboo is a very versatile raw material that stands for its sustainability. Exactly for this reason, plus the many other advantages, bamboo viscose is also ideal in the textile industry. Bamboo viscose has so much more to offer here.
Bamboo viscose is very comfortable to wear because it feels soft on the skin and almost like silk. An incredibly high level of comfort thanks to bamboo viscose.
The special fiber structure of bamboo viscose ensures that moisture can be dissipated particularly well. Bamboo viscose works like functional underwear.
Thanks to the good moisture dissipation, there are also fewer odors.
The antibacterial effect that bamboo has also ensures that fewer odors are created. Bamboo produces its own substance that prevents bacteria from growing on the surface of the fibers. This is exactly what works after chemical treatments of the bamboo.
The proprietary fabric that bamboo produces to prevent the accumulation of bacteria means that the viscose does not have to be treated with an antimicrobial chemical, which causes most skin reactions and allergies.
Bamboo also has a heat regulating effect. This means that in summer the body remains significantly cooler with clothing made of bamboo viscose than with other clothing, whereas in winter the clothing has a warming effect.
Bamboo viscose is antistatic, so the annoying little electric shock is spared.
Bamboo is particularly colourfast, the color remains much more real than with other textiles even after many washes.
The material is easy to machine wash and does not need any artificial softeners.
Bamboo viscose is easy to care for, it is significantly more crease-resistant than many other materials. Low temperatures can also be used when ironing.